Wednesday 17 May 2017

Writing...

Writing:- the act of putting pen to paper, evoking thoughts and putting them into words so people can get a reaction.

Most people people think it is easy writing, but it is not. There has to be an element of madness in it for one to sacrifice time and energy in placing those words down, baring your soul to millions, or sometimes just yourself. I see writing as a form or art, of something physical, after all, we use our minds to create something magical with words, we paint, or sculpt, or barely cover the darkness lurking within our souls.

There is a particular day I enjoy in my weekly routine of writing, and yes I look forward to it with bated breath. Tuesdays = Writingromancelines. It always evokes something different in me, as I am romantic, but I can also be cynical at the same time. This is due to personal circumstances that have occurred in my life recently, so it became a progression that I did something different....

I started doing writingnonromancelines as a bit of something different, and it has actually begun working well for me. I am getting more followers on twitter organically by just having them out there.  Now either it is working, or people are starting to notice me and realising something about me as a person, that I am a real entity not just pushing marketing all the time. Yes, I want more books sold, but I also want people to look at my posts and realise that I have something to say. My writing may not be the best or most prolific, but I do write. When it works well, Boy; does it work well.

So I just want to let all of you out there know, if you have an idea, write or record it somewhere, because you never know when it might come back to bite you. Most of all write, even if it is a few sentences a day... write!

No comments:

Post a Comment